Long Term Care 1915(c) Waiver Provider Orientation
“1915(c) waivers allow the provision of long term care services in home and community-based settings (HCBS) under the Medicaid Program. States can offer a variety of services under an HCBS Waiver program.
Programs can provide a combination of standard medical services and non-medical services in order for persons to remain in a home or community-based setting as an alternative to nursing facility or other institutional care.
Mississippi has five HCBS 1915(c) waivers:
- Elderly and Disabled (E&D) Waiver
- Independent Living (IL) Waiver
- Traumatic Brain Injury/Spinal Cord Injury (TBI/SCI) Waiver
- Assisted Living (AL) Waiver
- Intellectual Disabilities/Developmental Disabilities (ID/DD) Waiver”
- Medicaid Agencies
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)